The event will be hosted by Visiting Professor Nicholas Gould of Fenwick Elliott, with an introduction by Professor Renato Nazzini, Head of the Construction Law Center of King’s College, London. During the event , we will examine how responses to Covid-19 from public and private sector teams have provided us with important lessons for improved construction risk management.
Our speakers are:
• Dr. David Hancock of the Infrastructure and Projects Authority who will review the impact of the UK Government’s Covid-19 construction risk management guidance
• Shane Hughes of Savills who will present a Covid-19 case study of collaborative risk management by Central Bedfordshire Council and Engie
• Eric Franco of Legal Delta who will consider how construction risks arising from the pandemic were handled on construction projects in Latin America
• Virginie Colaiuta of LMS Legal who will summarise findings from the International Bar Association special publication on the impact of Covid-19
• Lindy Patterson QC who will examine the impact of the pandemic on construction dispute resolution
• Professor David Mosey of the King’s Centre of Construction Law who will assess how lessons from Covid-19 may affect future construction procurement.
The Eventbrite page for signing up to the Open Forum is now live, you can send out the below link: